Fast to prepare, even quicker to grill, this dish is always a winner. The raspberry-Dijon sauce is fantastic. You can substitute turkey breast tenderloins for the chicken if you wish.
Raspberry Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tsp. grated orange peel
1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme -or- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme
4 chicken breasts
1/8 tsp. salt
1. In a small saucepan, combine the jam, vinegar, mustard, orange peel and thyme. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 13-18 minutes or until a meant thermometer reads 170 degrees, turning occasionally. Baste with remaining sauce during last 5 minutes of cooking.
3. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
Dad’s Best Pork Chops
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 Tbsp. minced fresh mint
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. key lime juice
1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
4 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick – bone-in, or boneless)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Serve with salsa.
This is one of our faves, the kids really like it! It’s simple and an often ‘go to option’ when we “don’t have anything to eat…”
1 Bag of egg noodles (12 or 16 oz)
1 Can of tuna
1 Can cream of mushroom soup
Prepare the noodles as directed on the package. In your serving dish (microwave safe), mix the can of tuna with the cream of mushroom soup. Pour milk into the empty cream of mushroom soup can and add that to the tuna/soup mixture in the bowl. Drain the noodles and then add to the milk/tuna/soup mixture and stir it all together. Microwave for 6 minutes.
A fun spin on pizza!
2 pkg crescent rolls
Pizza toppings – sausage, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, green peppers
Unroll crescent rolls on the bottom of 9×13 pan. Layer sauce, toppings, and cheese. Unroll second package of crescent rolls and place over toppings. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
Great quesadilla recipe.
Easy Chicken Quesadillas
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 jar salsa
2-3 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg. medium flour tortillas
Heat griddle or large saute pan. Add 1 T. oil. Mix chicken and salsa. Top 1 tortilla with a scoop of chicken and handful of cheese. Cover with second tortilla. Fry on heated griddle or in pan for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly crispy. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream.